Higher Education in Slovakia
Slovakia offers free higher education in state universities in the Slovak language! In addition, the advantage of studying there is that most specialties in Slovak universities do not require entrance exams. You can go to a private university, where tuition will be paid, but it will be more comfortable compared to a state university. After all, you pay the funds, which means that the requirements for you from the teachers will be more loyal. The cost of studying at a private university starts from 680 euros per year. You can study and work at the same time because all students in Slovakia have the right to work – 20 hours per week. Also, a comfortable option for school graduates is to prepare for admission to a number of specialties (medicine, psychology, journalism) on annual or semi-annual Slovak language courses.
The price of studying in English at public universities in Slovakia varies from 600 euros per year to 10,000 euros per year depending on a specialty You choose. But there are exceptions and You can study in some specialties in English for free! For example, You can study at Matej Bel University for only 30 euros per year, or on a specialty “Political Science” at Dubcek University in Trencin free of charge. English philology is taught in English in many Slovak universities free of charge. If You are interested, please contact us for a free consultation! You can also learn more information about university and tuition fees here, and we can help You get admitted to any university on any specialty!
- There are few possibilities to study Slovak language in advance:
- Yearly Slovak language courses in Banska Bystrica.
- Yearly courses of the Slovak language at the Comenius University in Bratislava.
- 3. And finally, the most unique opportunity! A specialty called “Slovak language in the linguistic competence of foreign students” has been opened at Matej Bel University in Banska Bystrica and Comenius University in Bratislava, specifically for foreign students, and is designed just to allow foreign students to study directly at the university, while being in the learning environment among peers in order to learn the Slovak language. Admission to the university takes place without entrance exams, the studying itself lasts 3 years for the Bachelor’s degree and is for free.
Slovak education is recognized all over the world, which means you can work and live in all countries of Europe, America and Canada! We will help you to choose a university, taking into account any of your wishes, whether it is a specialty, budget or city of residence.
- Specialties You can study in Slovakia without entrance exams:
- Biotechnology / Food Technology
- Medical chemistry and chemicals
- Environmental protection
- Chem. technology
- Food, cosmetics and health
- Regional Economics and Development
- Public administration
- European studies
- Political science
- Mines and geotechnics
- Transport logistics
- Construction and architecture
- Geology and Regional Development
- English language and literature in combination
- German language and literature in combination
- Slovak language and literature in combination
- Applied Informatics
- Industrial Logistics
- Ecological Technologies
- Mechanical engineering
- Thermal/gas industry
You may study in following educational institutions in Slovak and English language
Comenius University is one of the most prestigious universities in Slovakia and is known far beyond the borders of the country.
It was the first university in Slovakia to provide technical education at a university level. Nowadays, it is considered to be one of the best in the whole country.
The university is the best university in the economics direction in Slovakia.
Founded in 1952, the Technical University of Košice is today the leading technical university in Slovakia, which has gained popularity all over the world.
The University provides a high level of education, using the latest scientific evidence in a wide international context and cooperates with many educational institutions around the world.
The university prepares specialists of various degrees of education according to accredited programs and has more than 12,000 students.
The University is undisputably the best university in the field of agriculture in Slovakia.
Matei Bel University has gained a reputation as one of the best higher education institutions both in Slovakia and throughout the Eastern European part of the European Union.
City: Banska Bystrica.
The University strives to be a modern educational institution that provides students with wide opportunities in both the philosophical and artistic fields, as well as in mathematics and the field of biotechnology.
Today the University of Žilina has achieved the status of "the best transport university in Europe", it is also one of the best technical universities in Slovakia, with more than 13,000 students.